Friday, July 20, 2012

Hand Drawings

1.) Having to use my hand as subject matter was a bit like being back in elementary school. I remember doing this exact project of drawing each hand with the opposite hand back when I was a little girl. It was nice to not have to think about a project all that much since it was very straightforward. 

2.) I chose pencil because I can erase with it, which I knew I'd need to do. 

3.) It was kind of uncomfortable drawing with my left hand (I'm right handed) and my hand was really shaky while holding the pencil. It's weird though because I do use my left hand a bit in everyday life but not in small motor skills which drawing most definitely is.

4.) I cheated a bit with the left handed drawing because I knew that I would have trouble, so I traced the outline of my hand first instead of free handed drawing like I did with my dominant hand. So the picture with my dominant hand actually looks worse than the other one, but more attention and time was given to it which might have been why it looks worse in retrospect haha

5.) I didn't mind using my left hand for this particular project because it was simple, and I would consider using it for other projects too in the future as long as they didn't require a lot of detail and carefully done work. 


My Left Hand.. as Drawn by my Right Hand

My Right Hand.. as Drawn by my Left Hand

No comments:

Post a Comment